In 1881 the railway line from Port Elizabeth ended on the farm Carlton. With the diversion of the railway line to Colesberg in 1883/4 a station was built on part of the farm Hartebeeshoek of Mr Barend Kruger. The station was named Naauwpoort after the adjacent farm. In 1963 the name was changed to Noupoort.
|Shaw Str Noupoort 5950|
|Phone:||049 843 1056|
Shaw Str. A British military museum is housed in this Anglo-Boer War church.
Garden of Remembrance
Reflects the town’s history.
Brulberg Hiking, 4×4 & Mountain Biking Trails Tel 049 824 3268; Transkaroo Hiking Trail Tel 049 842 2112.
Erected to celebrate the centenary of the Great Trek.