Originally the farm Phizantefontein, Loxton was bought from AE Loxton by the Dutch Reformed Church in 1899. Built to serve the sheep-farming community, it became a municipality in 1905. In March 1961, three-quarters of the town was destroyed by a flash-flood causing the dam above the town to burst. Loxton has long since recovered.
|Prinsloo Str Loxton 6985|
|Phone:||053 381 3102|
Voetspoor Tel 0533812 ask for 1522.
San Rock Art
Engravings at Kafferskraal, tel 0533812 ask for 1513.