Farmers, realising the value of irrigating the area, bought 12 000ha of land from Edwells in 1916. In the same year, 63 plots were surveyed and taken up. A 10km canal serving 70 families was built by Japie Lutz and, today, citrus, lucerne, beans and other crops are grown at Onseepkans. The village itself is a mission station run by the Roman Catholic Father of Pofadder.
An impressive forest on the farm Coboob.
On the Pofadder Hiking Trail. The falls can only be reached by foot and is the only place where the Orange River flows from west to east.