In 1881 the railway line from Port Elizabeth ended on the farm Carlton. With the diversion of the railway line to Colesberg in 1883/4 a station was built on part of the farm Hartebeeshoek of Mr Barend Kruger. The station was named Naauwpoort after the adjacent farm. In 1963 the name was changed to Noupoort.
Shaw Str. A British military museum is housed in this Anglo-Boer War church.
Reflects the town’s history.
Brulberg Hiking, 4×4 & Mountain Biking Trails Tel 049 824 3268; Transkaroo Hiking Trail Tel 049 842 2112.
Erected to celebrate the centenary of the Great Trek.
Shaw Str Noupoort 5950 Tel 049 843 1056