Originally the farm Phizantefontein, Loxton was bought from AE Loxton by the Dutch Reformed Church in 1899. Built to serve the sheep-farming community, it became a municipality in 1905. In March 1961, three-quarters of the town was destroyed by a flash-flood causing the dam above the town to burst. Loxton has long since recovered.
Voetspoor Tel 0533812 ask for 1522.
Engravings at Kafferskraal, tel 0533812 ask for 1513.
Prinsloo Str Loxton 6985 Tel 053 381 3102