BUSHMANLAND /CRAFTS /TOURS /GUEST HOUSES
KENHARDT ADVENTUROUS ROUTES
(Engravings routes are on private land. Please call 2 days in advance )
THE DOLORITE ROCK ENGRAVINGS ROUTE is a one day route. Time and km depend on the kind of experience you would like.Outstretched scaly landscape with changing scenes of dolerite. Exploring the site, you’ll experience a unique adventure on discovering impressions linked to the age old of the First People of Africa.
THE SEVEN TOED IMPRESSIONS AND ROCK ENGRAVINGS ROUTE is a 45 km drive on the Kenhardt /Upington road . Driving along an outstretched Bushman grass (stipagrostis) landscape, with some large gneiss outcrops. Strange refuse dumping like outcrops await you after 30 km of driving. These igneous outcrops will guide you to one of the most unique late bushmen settlement sites on our planet.
PUTZONDERWATER ROCK ENGRAVINGS ROUTE About 72km from Kenhardt. Where did the name originated form?
A well was dug by the owner of the farm in the late 1900’s, He denied however that he had found a good supply of water. Water was a great importance in a land where trek Boers had to make long and dangerous journeys from one source of water to another in times of drought. On a question that was asked to the owner of the dwell, he answered: “Yes Sir: ” I dug a dwell, but with out water.
Putzonderwater once owned certificates for the neatest railway station in South Africa. Now, there are on only four families left. No more tigers lying in the sun on “Tier kop”, but the evidence of a once flourishing community are still standing. One of the most beautiful and interesting Petroglyphs is to be seen.
THE DRIEKOP ENGRAVINGS ROUTE is about 10km from Kenhardt. Ineresting bird petroglyphs to be seen.
Kontak Jan & Elana 0823244273 / 0721779049
LOUWROUX ACCOMMODATION KENHARDT
In Kenhardt consist of 7 units to choose from
082 6926 350 054 651 0022
1. BUSHMANLAND SELF-CATERING , Kenhardt consists of
3 Air-conditioned self catering units. Dstv. Braai facilities and safe parking
2. KAMBRO-KIND GUEST HOUSE , KENHARDT welcomes you with original oregan pine ceilings and floors. she is one of the oldest house in Kenhardt and offers a typical Bushmanland’s atmosphere.
DSTV ,4 AIRCONDITIONED EN-SUITE BEDROOMS,1 X 2 SINGLEBED ROOM
SUNROOM, BRAAI FACILITIES. KITCHEN, SAFE PARKING
Elana 082 6926 350
3. ELMA’S SELF-CATERING KENHARDT consists of 6 Self -Catering Units (SOME AIR-CONDITIONED ROOMS) with double bedrooms,1 self catering unit with single bed, Enjoy the braai facilities, Safe Parking and DSTV
Elana 082 6926 350
4. IMMANUEL B&B KENHARDT is a recent renovated old Victorian House with beautiful peaceful stoep, original oregan pine floors and two 4-leaf Irish Clovers on the walls let you go back in time..
3 CHARATERISTIC AIR-CONDITIONED BEDROOMS,DSTV, BRAAI FACILITIES, DINING ROOM
Elana 082 6926 350 / 0546510022 [email protected]
5. PUTZONDERWATER RD SELF CATERING UNITS
Four recent restored self- catering units on the Putzonderwater in KENHARDT
6. GROUP ACCOMMODATION
LouwRoux Accommodation plus 2 houses can accommodate up te 40 people
7. BACK PACKERS
|Contact Name||Elma le Roux|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
|Physical Address||1 Mouton Street Kenhardt 8900|
|Postal Address||P O Box 77, Kenhardt 8900|