Guests are accommodated in three spacious bedrooms. The Bismarck von Moltke Louw room has a double bed, a single bed and a full en-suite bathroom with underfloor heating. The Nicolaas Vlok room has three single beds and shares a separate toilet and bathroom with a bath and shower and underfloor heating. The Jasper Theron room has two single beds and shares a separate toilet and bathroom with a bath and shower with underfloor heating. A cot and extra mattresses are available for families with younger children sharing rooms with their parents.
Die Prokureurshuis also offers the following:
- Both bathrooms have been renovated according to the original Victorian style and contain a bath and a shower. Both have been fitted with underfloor heating for the cold winter months in Sutherland;
- A spacious open-plan living area with a fireplace in the kitchen and dining room offers cosy relaxation in front of a crackling fire;
- The large kitchen that forms part of the living area has an AGA stove which is in working condition, a microwave oven, electric stove with four plates, frying pan, toaster, fridge and coffee/cappuccino machine which are all at guests’ disposal;
- Cutlery and crockery and other kitchen equipment for 12 people are available;
- There is a separate lounge with a fireplace;
- Braai (barbeque) facilities such as grids, pots, braai tongs, axe etc;
- High-fidelity equipment (CD player);
- Linen including bedding such as sheets, duvets and towels, and hot water bottles for the winter months;
- The house is surrounded by stoeps from where guests can experience the silence of the Karoo and the splendour of its stars.
Meals and catering:
Although Die Prokureurshuis is a self-catering guesthouse, they will gladly offer guests the opportunity to enjoy real Karoo culinary delights. At your request they can provide a scrumptious Karoo breakfast or dinner.
Breakfast is usually a typical English breakfast and dinner is a three course meal, comprising soup as starter, mutton as main course and a traditional dessert.