Enjoy a memorable stay in a quaint stone cottage surrounded with fruit trees and grapevines. There is a double room en-suite and a twin bedded room with private bathroom. All rooms are equipped with heaters and electric blankets for those cold winter nights. We also have undercover parking for all vehicles to shelter them from the frost. There is an excellent music collection and an extensive library for those who want to relax and experience the snow in comfort. An authentic English breakfast is provided in the yellow wood dining room.
Activities in the area:
- Take a scenic drive towards Matjiesfontein, enjoy the scenery and appreciate the Karoo silence;
- Climbing in the Verlatenkloof;
- Visit the telescope at the Observatory;
- Military graves dating back from the Boer War;
- A tour of the local church;
- Sutherland is also home to the Louw brothers, well know Afrikaans authors. Their house is now a museum.