Bloemhof Karoo is a historic home, once owned and loved by Professor Christiaan Barnard. The Homestead rests graciously in an oasis amongst kopjes on a working farm in the Malaria free, Northern Cape, Great Karoo.
Bloemhof is the ideal retreat for relaxing and rejuvenation of the soul, the perfect escape for:
• Family Getaways
• Overnights stops en route the N1 from Johannesburg to the Coast
• Writing Workshops
• Photographic Getaways
Hiking, off road motor cycling and mountain biking enthusiasts will be enthralled and challenged by the varied terrain.
Guests can relax in the Drawing Room, with a well-stocked characteristic Bar, opening onto a protected Braai area. There are 2 Dining Rooms, and a Sunroom, so guests have opportunities for privacy or communal enjoyment. Lovely outside sitting areas, under enormous Pepper Trees. Refresh yourselves in the farm Swemdam.
Bloemhof is also proud of its beautiful Chapel, converted from a shed several years ago, built entirely from rock taken off the farm.
Bloemhof Karoo has been sensitively restored to its former authentic self, sleeps 7 guests comfortably, with bespoke percale linen, down duvets, mohair rugs. Bloemhof is all about authenticity and hospitality.
We are renowned for our excellent Karoo Kitchen. Venison and lamb pies, “boereboontjies”, honeyed pumpkin, quince jelly, farm baked bread and “roosterkoek “are some of the specialities you will enjoy.
All alcoholic beverages and soft drinks to be paid in cash or credit card prior to departure. A range of excellent wines are available.
• Guided 40 minute Karoo Amble
• Extensive hiking opportunities
• Relaxing hours of “Stoepsit”
• Endless Stargazing
• Game Drives on adjoining private game reserve (R750 for 90minutes)
• Mountain Biking
• Picnics and Sundowners
• Self Drives
• Motor cycle routes
Bloemhof offers a small selection of Biltong, Droewors, Karoo meat packs, Karu Blu spring water, curios gifts and preserves, all of which make for great gifts when returning home.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
• BOOKING essential.
• Reservations are not confirmed until deposit has been paid.
• 50% deposit required to confirm reservation, remainder payable 48 hours prior to arrival.
• Confirmed reservation cancelled less than 7 days prior to arrival will be charged in full.
• Rates are subject to changes without prior notice.
• Reservations will be released automatically and with out prior notice if these payment conditions are not met.
• Please advise Reservations at the time of booking of any dietary requirements, special occasions and any other preferences
• Children of all ages are welcome.
• Well behaved pets are also welcome!
• Meals (DBB)
• Tea and coffee
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES:
• Check in at 14:00pm
• Check out at 11:00am
• Master VISA and DINERS Card
• Curio shop purchases
• All beverages
• Game Drive